The first six months of 2017 just flew by! The time went by quickly, but we still have several wonderful events and accomplishments to share. Between January 1 and June 30, 2017, the MLFC:
- cared for 638 unique patients through 1,899 patient visits,
- provided 4,677 30-day prescriptions with a value of $1,683,232 through the Medication Assistance Program,
- secured second-year grant funding for the Full-time Physician Assistant position through the Virginia Health Care Foundation,
- provided 105 vision screenings and 63 pairs of eye glasses through a partnership with the Envolve Vision Van,
- provided 25 mammograms through a partnership with the UVA Mobile Mammography Unit,
- served as a key partner to provide medical, dental, vision, and hearing services and follow-up to 1,052 patients at the 2nd annual Smyth County RAM clinic,
- continued to expand the MLFC Dental Program through cleanings, extractions, surgical extractions, and restorative services, and
- began working with the first cohort of Emory & Henry College Master of Physician Assistant Studies students.
And we still have a lot planned for the rest of this year! We are working with our partners to hold a special dental clinic in September, we’ll be the second free clinic in Virginia to enroll in Rx Partnership’s Access to Medication program to improve access to generic medications, and the MLFC Physical and Occupational Rehab Clinic will begin serving patients.